Friday, May 15, 2009

Mang Inasal...Kumbinsing!


The very first time I heard about Mang Inasal was when one of my friends came to visit me and told me that he's working there. He raved about it but I still didn't go there on my own. I mean, I've had my fill of chicken barbecue and was not in the mood to have any.

Then one time, my family was invited to dine out with some relatives and the place was Mang Inasal. So off we went to their very first branch which was located behind The Robinson's Place (or maybe that venue is still part of Rob). Anyway, there I was with about twenty family members.

Impression? I liked the design of the place. Then? I liked the food. We had our fill of the juicy chicken barbecue, chicken skin, sinigang, halo halo and the likes. Then the rice was wrapped in banana leaves just like in the past.

You bet that wasn't the last time that I went there.

Now, Mang Inasal has so many branches than I can count but I still love going there. One thing that I truly love is that I can have as much rice without having to pay extra. For somebody who's a voracious eater, that is really something.

What more, they sponsor a lot of civic activities and I truly like that. As their tagline says, truly "Kumbinsing."