Friday, May 15, 2009

Meet Juana Change

I was browsing some blogs earlier when I came across a blog of a fellow Pinoy. I usually don't click on video's on blogsites but this one really made me curious. I clicked and Voila! I met Juana Change. I really like the video and its message.

The sentiments of Juana Change are very so commonplace that I've heard about it from family and friends. Come to think of it. If all of us show the same indifference and hopelessness about the coming election, then change will never happen.

Yes, there are times when I felt the same despair especially when we are exposed to the harsh realities but what the heck, there are things that I can do and there are those which are beyond my control. True enough, I know of friends who received hundreds and even thousands of pesos in exchange for their votes or got involved in the dubious act of vote buying. I never got a centavo from it and I have never received any offer of money from them. One time I asked in jest and was told that it wouldn't work with me so why give me anything.

I laughed uproariously and thought, they really do know me.

Another election is in the offing. let us remember Juana Change. Let us get involved.Think of the future of Iloilo. Participate!