Friday, September 2, 2011

Yehey! 168 Plaza Mall is in Iloilo City

For bargain hunters like me, just hearing that 168 is here in Iloilo City was indeed a good news. Whenever I go to Manila, I would drop by 168 and get something for my family and other items that I might be able to resell. Thus, I told myself that I really have to go there today, not tomorrow but really today.I asked a friend to go with me and off we went to check out the place.


The newest shopping place, 168, is located in Iznart St. The area where it can be found is where Allegro Theater used to be. It is sandwiched between Chowking Iznart and the ukay-ukay place. It is very easy to find since one can see a lot of balloons and huge flower arrangements at the entrance.

It is very obvious that it just opened. Why? When we got in, there are still a number of stalls/shops without the signage and then some are still in the process of hauling in or setting up their displays. There were a lot of people checking out the stores already.

My impression? It's masa but not so masa. I mean, the prices are affordable and you can get discounts even for retail purchases while a bigger percentage is deducted for wholesalers. That is indeed good news. At the same time, the place is fully airconditioned so it is quite comfortable to get around. I just hope that the airconditioning system will be able to handle the influx of more shoppers in the future.

The stores? Well, there are foodcarts like Leylam's, Thirsty, and some other which I am not so familiar with. If you'd like to just plain hang-out or if you're waiting for your wife or girlfriend who's taking forever to shop, you can also stay at Coffeebreak. O, sosyal, may Coffeebreak. For fashion accessories, you can go to the House of Bling. The things there are so affordable. There's also the Unihome Furniture store with a wide selection of what else but furnitures. Duh! For those who are interested in direct selling, a place to drop by is Stanhome World. I am not quite sure but I think there's a Magarbo (a thrift clothing store) in the ground floor. It doesn't have a signage yet but I bet it is.

Anyway, just check out the place and bring lots of dough...money.